A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Saturday 9 July 2011

Many years ago when I used to write for Australian & overseas magazines, I was criticised by a well known Australian historian for my involvement in New World history in stead of pushing Australian history. This gentleman was pretty angry with me, & no matter how much I tried to explain to him that it was as much about having fun as it was about my interest in the period I could not placate him.
Well here is a video of Czechoslovakians in Terezin having fun with French & Indian War living history. This is the best video I have seen for a long time. These Europeans certainly put a lot of effort into their interpretation.
This video found at: http://flintlockandtomahawk.blogspot.com/2011/07/french-and-indian-war-at-terezin-2011.html#comment-form

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I believe that it's past issues of "Primitive Archer" that show the big interest in American Indians in Germany of all places. Fun is fun, if it is disagreeable it's called "work."

Keith said...

Absoflippinlutely.