A LIVING HISTORY BLOG.

18TH CENTURY LIVING HISTORY IN AUSTRALIA.

Thursday 12 August 2010

My Living History Playground. Running Water Again.

In the past few days we have had some much needed rain. The header streams were not running, Cattail Pond was low, and Millie's Creek, named after my Mother, had stopped flowing. Now the streams are flowing and the Butterfly Valley spring too. Cattail Pond is full and overflowing and Millie's Creek is on the move again. From Wychwood Forest where it starts, this water will flow north into Reedy Creek and from there go west finally flowing into Copeton Dam.








2 comments:

Agatha Wells said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I'm very happy to hear that my post brought back lovely memories for you. Your photos are very beautiful-are they of Australia? I would love to visit some day.

What has gotten you so interested in the eighteenth century studies? I'm going to graduate school this fall and, though my program is more of a general MA in English, I will hopefully focus on eighteenth century studies. Although my passion is for Jane Austen–I suppose that's less about survival in the woods in the 18th century, than it is survival in the drawing room. :)

Keith said...

Hi Agatha, good to hear from you. I have been interested in the early to mid 18th century ever since the Daniel Boone craze in the 50s. It is not too early and has a lot of skills and equipment that I like, and it is not too late, getting into the industrial revolution.
Yes these images are of our forest where we live near Armidale, New England, NSW, Australia.
Regards.